Thursday 2 February 2012

On the Painting Table: Chaos Dwarf Battle Standard Bearer


Every army needs a Battle Standard Bearer.



But right now, there isn’t one available for the Chaos Dwarfs from wither Mantic or Warhammer Forge. Also, with the new regime taking Chaos Dwarf Lords away (which I actually approve of), the Mantic model I use for an Infernal Castellan is suddenly up for being redrafted. 


 
So using my usual trick of throwing as many different banners as I can at the model, and clipping the end of his original hammer off, my new Battle Standard Bearer is born!


You’ll notice parts from a Chaos shield, an ogre standard and a Beastman standard. The more the better as far as I’m concerned. 


I don’t tend to paint designs on my standards (mainly because they don’t usually pan out that well) but I really like this ostentation of the gold bits here and the plainness of the flag itself, all the colours, of course, tied into the army colour scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment